Thursday, October 4, 2012

Order dividers

You know those little rubber (sometimes hard plastic) bars at the checkstands?

Use them.

I don't know what is so difficult about this seemingly easy task.  There is someone in front of you...do you really want them to pay for your groceries?  I think not.  There may not be someone behind you now, but what if someone walks up?  Do you want to buy their groceries?  Probably not.

This is one thing that is ENTIRELY in your hands.  You shouldn't get mad at me, your humble servant.  I am simply ringing up the groceries that I am assuming are yours.  Yes, there are rare occasions where I get completely sidetracked and ring up too many things.  For this, I am sorry.  However, the problem I present is completely avoidable.

I am tired of hearing, "Oh,  those aren't MY groceries...".  A statement that is dripping with, "You must be stupid.  You just work at a grocery store.  If you were smart, you'd work somewhere else".  If you, the smart ass customer that thinks I am stupid, only knew what I was thinking, you would probably request I be fired.

Very rarely am I one to say, "Well, you didn't put a divider up.  Neither did the customer behind you.  I am just going until that little grey doo-dad, the one right there, pops up.  That's my cue to stop".

No comments:

Post a Comment